Previous dynamic balance changes are being applied to the affected classes, QoL class changes, new launcher release, new costume releases, and bugfixes.
Hello! We finally have a replacement for dnlauncher.exe and dv-athena-quicklaunch.exe.
The new launcher (PDLauncher) handles everything - installing, patching, launching, changing settings, and has an initial mod manager.
PDLauncher downloads and installs the game just as fast as our previous installer but now you can pause, quit, and resume. It also validates the installation to make sure it isn't corrupt.
For patching, PDLauncher patches up to 5x faster than dnlauncher.exe, especially when there are a lot of patches to download and install.
You can adjust most game settings and all Project Duck customizations from the launcher
You can also check your ping to the game server via each of our relays
(there is a known issue where some people are not able to get a ping result for Direct connect, we're looking into it)
Project Duck has a rich collection of mods in our Discord - now you can browse, install, and uninstall them right from the launcher, no fiddling with files manually!
The list is currently incomplete but we'll finish adding all the (working) mods in the mod channel over the next few days, but most of the major ones are already in.
- Verify/repair client
- Manage 3rd party mods
- Enable/disable mods without uninstalling them
- Mod presets
- Multi-account selector and autologin
- View power hour schedule
- View dynamic balance
Please let us know if you have any issues or feature requests in the Discord!
[PvE] Class Changes
The following classes have their dynamic balance changes applied to their Class Mastery passive (usually [Class Mastery II])
- Mystic Knight
- Black Mara
- Ice Witch
- War Mage
- Gear Master
- Dark Avenger
- Arch Heretic
- Soul Eater
As such, these classes no longer have Dynamic Balance applied in Rune Dragon Nest. All other Dynamic Balance (e.g. healers in 4 man content) are still applied.
- Increased the hitbox size of [Double Helix]
- Increased the hitbox width of [Crossover] by 25%
- Mystic Punch range decreased from 1300 -> 1000 (also forgot to mention last patch we buffed it from 700 to 1300)
- Impact Punch CM3 range decreased from 750 -> 550 (forgot to mention last patch that we buffed it from 250 -> 750)
- CM2 enhancement duration increased by 0.125s (just cuz frame drops can cause you to miss the window)
- [Immortality] vertical range increased to match all the other buffs
- Flipped the icon for [Rushing Strike] horizontally to hopefully make it easier to distinguish from [Headbutt]
- Increased hitbox range of [Rushing Strike]
Several basic buff cooldowns have been standardized to 5s (technically a buff but it doesn't matter)
- Mara: [Mystic Mischief]
- Chaos Mage: [Complete Darkness]
- Priest: [Blessing of Strikes], [Blessing of Light]
- Heretic: [Brutal Soul]
- Arch Heretic: [Arch Heretic Transformation]
- Vena Plaga: [Vena Plaga Transformation]
- Patrona: [Overclock]
Rune Dragon Nest
Boss 3 barmech: iteration 47
- Boss 3 barmech iframe removed after the 4 sync hits... but he only takes 1 damage per hit (sorry, we're not letting range classes greed that hard - this is more for maintaining stacks)
- Boss 3 barmech no longer teleports to a random spot before teleporting to the center of the arena at the end
- Added Skimpy Alium Salwar (Kali)
- Added Wind Forest Necromancer Decal and Tail
- Added Duke Belted Velvet Set (Machina)
- Added Scarlet Imperial Costume (Lencea)
- Added Formal Maitre Vest (Assassin)
- Added Blackened Dark Fire Suit (Warrior)
- Fixed Ice Barrier description
- Fixed Black Strike description
- Rearranged ESC main menu and added icons
- Added Kanji support to the game font (so now you can weeb out all you want)
- Added Fast Quit button to ESC menu (double clicking it instantly exits the game)
- Reduced Kiwi's voice line volume by 30%
- Barbarian's [Haymaker Frenzy] now has a hook for mods to add a visual effect upon casting (so your poor healer knows you're about to int)
- Fixed an issue with the Formal Freaky Bear Outfit (Sorceress) glowing green
- Pebbles speaks from his head and not the ground next to him
- Void Pebbles now talks to you
- References to "Antipona" have been fixed to "Antiphona"
- Fixed several items giving duplicate and different stat values (though only one applies)
- [Savior] debuff durations fixed to both be 60s (MDMG one was 30s)
- [Quick Shot] fixed not being able to max the skill
- Ray Mechanic [Increase Power (B)] fixed tooltip showing the wrong number
- Fixed [Ice Barrier] tooltip
- Fixed [Black Strike] tooltip